CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is strategically focused position, which will form part the Executive Management team and report into the Co-CEO. The role supports the Co-CEO's in translating strategic objectives into measurable tactical and operational plans that can be executed on.
The role will be responsible for the design, implementation and oversight of business operations, while establishing policies and processes that enable the company's culture and vision. The role will optimise the company's operating capabilities, implement strategies to maximise client engagement and satisfaction, and implement effective operational and financial procedures that support efficient and cost effective operations, ensures an excellent client experience and enables sustainable growth.
The COO will oversee all areas of operational execution, which will include a diverse range of business operations and divisions (Product Development, Maintenance & Support and Project Management Office).
This will include but not be limited to:
- Setting comprehensive goals for business growth per region and business unit
- Monitoring and driving the executive team to achieve business objectives
- Ensuring collaboration between the various divisions and strategic role players in order to achieve the objectives set by board and shareholders
- Focusing on Efficiency, Profitability and Delivery to our clients
- Implementing and enabling a sustainable Agile approach across all relevant divisions
- Defining effective, measurable and sustainable performance metrics and managing the outcomes of various business units
- Ensuring accountability and delivery across all divisions
- Implementing and supporting regular measuring and reporting
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Define, implement and oversee the Genasys operational and delivery strategy.
- Designing, planning, implementing and managing the business operations to support efficiency, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
- Define and implement targets and performance metrics for each division that support delivery, quality and growth.
- Enable and drive accountability and delivery within each division.
- Enable a culture of collaboration and shared responsibility towards delivery across all divisions.
- Enable and drive a culture of customer centricity across all divisions - with the key focus being delivery on time, in budget and aligned to client requirements.
- Overall oversight and management of the Product Development, Global Operations and Project Management Office, ensuring that key stakeholders remain aligned and enabling a collaborative culture where problem areas can be addressed and solutions identified.
- Implementing processes, policies, technologies and practices to improve efficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 - 8 years' experience in a Senior Management position, focusing on the management of a complex or an expanding company's operations.
- 5 - 8 years' experience in the Information Technology industry, with a good understanding of IT Solution Delivery, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Client Management.
- Previous experience in a senior and strategic role, leading scale-up businesses.
- Growth focused with previous business development experience
- Previous International experience, operating at executive level will be beneficial
- Experience in the Insurance or InsurTech/FinTech industry will serve as an advantage
- Excellent Management and Leadership skills
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong Conflict management and Negotiation skills
- Strategically focused with strong critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Highly resilient and adaptable
- Ethical, authentic Leadership
- Solutions orientated with excellent problem identification and problem-solving skills
Applications can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 June 2022